- "This was the first time that I had shopped at NorthStar Motorsports. I just want to express that Sarah went above and beyond in assisting me. I have never experienced such terrific service from any company as I did from them. Being such a busy time with racing season starting she was able to satisfy my needs. They provided first class service and I will not hesitate shopping with them again. Kudos NorthStar for having such an outstanding crew." Isela W.
- "Great people with lots of experience to assist in all Motorsports safety equipment." Chris I.
- "Great service and great products! The staff does a great job of explaining the products they offer and the differences between them. " John P.
- "I'd say you're killing it. Really impressive attention to detail and customer needs! Thanks again," Jon F.
- "Great value, and the nicest, most helpful staff you'll find anywhere. I'll be buying all my future safety gear here." Charlie S.
Northstar Motorsports first opened in 1990 primarily as a local business. In 1997 John and Jeannie Ruther bought the Company and immediately moved it to a new 5,000 square foot facility housing a retail showroom, offices, warehouse and race shop.
John and Jeannie have enjoyed a lifetime of being car enthusiasts. John started racing cars in his 20s while in the Army stationed in Germany. He really enjoyed attending driving schools and racing at the famous Nurburgring Nordschliefe. It was quite an experience calling the world's most difficult track his home track. And in 1993, both John & Jeannie spent a wonderful week at the Scuderia Hanseat Driving School at the Nordschliefe. This was a reunion for John after not driving there for nearly 25 years and a first time experience for Jeannie, which she thoroughly enjoyed.